20101216

You can not cook without a "kitchen"

The kitchen (our office break room) consists of cooking devices, cleaning devices, dishes and utensils, and random tools.
  • Cooking devices: 

Toaster oven, on loan from an employee


The microwave

The bread maker, on loan from an employee




  •  Cleaning devices:

A sink (critical for office cooking) and soap
Paper towels for cleaning messes

  •  Dishes and utensils:

Plastic utensils, paper plates/bowls
Plastic and styrofoam cups

  • Random tools (I donated some of this messy drawer):



To actually cook real food, however, the paper plates/bowls do not work.  I have my personal gear that I'm not sharing. ;)
  • Personal cookware: 


Most of my cutting is done with a pocket knife.  Not the right tool for the job, but we don't have a real cutting board or any large surfaces to work on.  I donated a set of measuring cups and a slicing knife to the office, but I rarely use them -- only occasionally when making bread.


Given this collection of random tools, I have cooked many things at work (smelling up the place) that most people wouldn't think of cooking in an office environment.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, c'mon! I'll gladly let you have some of my three-year old Ramen if you let me borrow some of your cookware :).

    ReplyDelete